When looking for a service to help take care of those you love, you want to be sure you have made the right decision.
Why choose MyLife?
- Operating only in the private pay sector, MyLife is able to deliver high quality care and customer service without the time constraints imposed by ‘time and task’ style local authority provision.
- Whether you are looking for companionship, visiting, specialist or Live in care, we are dedicated to providing you with a flexible plan, built around the changing needs of you and your loved ones.
- Our ability to offer the full lifecycle of support means that you can build long-lasting relationships with our local teams and increase or decrease support as needed.
- Our outstanding MyLife Assistants, Companions, Registered Nurses and Health Care Assistants are recruited locally, chosen for their compassion and commitment to delivering a professional, gold standard service.
- We support them by providing industry-leading ongoing training/continuous development, specialist training and a career pathway within the MyLife family.
- Our local branches mean that you can always call in to see us, but we are centrally managed at our Milton Keynes headquarters, ensuring that best practice is always shared across the company.
- And we have a centralised Quality Team that monitors performance and regulatory compliance across all our branches.
We offer the full lifecycle of support
We aim to provide the reassurance that you will never need to face the daunting task of selecting another care provider.
The Full Care Pathway
MyLife can meet the needs of the full care pathway, providing high quality help and care at home.
Our local branches work closely with local agencies and businesses, so we can direct you to other local services that might be helpful.
MyLife strives to meet the highest quality standards for all our customers so they feel confident in recommending us to others.
”Thank you so much for all that you do. Without your help, my Mum would not be able to live in her home or maintain a level of independence which is so precious to her.
Many, many thanks.
Outstanding Home care and Health Care Assistants
We understand that it is not always easy for you and your family to ask someone new into their home to provide additional support and care.
You can be reassured that each of our MyLife Assistants has been carefully chosen for their empathy, life skills and compassion as well as their professional skills and training. Our recruitment and interview process is also designed to identify thinking skills to ensure that they are able to perform well in their role.
We support and nurture our Assistants, both professionally and in their personal wellbeing, so that they feel empowered and energised to deliver a quality service.
Outstanding, local carers
MyLife Companions, Assistants, Live in Assistants and Health Care Assistants are recruited locally. We choose people carefully, based on their previous professional experience as well as their social skills and commitment to providing high quality care.
Carer training and qualifications
All providers of care in England and Scotland must adhere to certain regulatory standards, inspected by the regulatory bodies, the Care Quality Commission in England and the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.
At MyLife we strive to provide standards of care that go above and beyond what is required of us, and this is facilitated in part by our outstanding training programme.
All our Assistants and Health Care Assistants complete a five day MyLife specific introductory training programme when they join, regardless of their previous experience and qualifications. Staff also complete annual refresher training to ensure they are up to speed on new developments within the industry.
Our Health Care Assistants receive additional training carried out by Registered Nurses, both in the classroom and in the field, to up skill them for their specialist care role.
In addition, MyLife employees can choose to take additional training to further their career, or for a specific customer need.
The MyLife family of carers
We believe that our MyLife Assistants and Health Care Assistants fulfil an amazing role in helping people stay in their own homes, often going above and beyond what is asked of them.
Our local branch network, led by care managers, helps to nurture a strong and sympathetic team ethos. We encourage active feedback through regular one to one meetings and service shadowing.
MyLife employees receive above average pay rates and a competitive range of benefits on joining the company. We invest in new technology to enhance rotas and communications so that employees have a better working experience.
We also recognise the important work of our MyLife teams through long service awards and iCare Awards.
We look after our employees so they feel supported and able to deal with the demands of the role.
Investing in social care innovation
MyLife invests in new smartphone technology that improves delivery of care, customer communications and time management, freeing up MyLife Assistant’s time for customer-facing tasks.
All MyLife employees use company provided, security encrypted smartphones. Our centralised IT service is located in our Milton Keynes headquarters.
We feel passionately about running our business ethically and responsibly, ensuring there is a low environmental impact from our activities. We reduce paper waste by using smartphones to deliver customer care plans and rotas. We are also committed to equal pay regardless of gender.
We understand that the safety and security of your loved ones is paramount when choosing a home care and specialist care company.
MyLife follows a robust and strict security procedure when employing all new members of staff.
Once we have been assured that the potential employee has the right values and professional skills to work for MyLife, we will run security checks via the Security and Disbarring Service (DBS) to make sure they do not have any criminal records.
Professional and personal references are also checked before a new member of staff can start to work for MyLife.
We know that the quality of the service we provide is your number one priority.
We believe that quality care provision comes from well-trained, compassionate staff, a well-run business and an effective and supportive team environment.
MyLife has a central Quality Team that oversees and shares best practice across our branches, with dedicated Quality Officers located in our larger branches.
The Quality Officer’s role includes:
- Developing, reviewing and updating each support plan
- Ensuring that staff are training and supported in their role, and
- Ensuring all aspects of our service meet the highest standards.
MyLife is regulated by the Care Quality Commission in England and the Care Inspectorate in Scotland. In addition to inspections by the regulator, we carry out our own annual internal quality audits to ensure we are always striving for the best levels of care.
- Registration with CQC
- Internal quality procedures
- Fully trained and supported staff
- Regularly reviewed and updated personal care plans
- Customers empowered to be involved in their care management
- Customers treated with respect and dignity
”MyLife provides care for my 95 year old mother at home. Having had care provided by three previous providers I can quite honestly say that MyLife stands head and shoulders above the previous firms. My mother enthuses about the service provided and wishes that she had been introduced to the firm earlier.
Our teams are always happy to talk with you and answer any questions you have.
MyLife is a high quality, private pay home care and specialist care provider with branches across the UK.
Our aim is to support independent living at home, through a wide range of services, all available through one company:
- companionship and help at home
- visiting home care
- live in home care
- specialist nurse led care
Established in 2013, MyLife is led by an experienced Senior Management Team based in our Milton Keynes headquarters. The team is committed to providing the very best in care and customer service, and providing a nurturing and positive environment for MyLife employees.
Local MyLife branches are overseen by a Registered Care Manager, supported by administrative staff.